- Remote printing
- You can print to the Library from your home computer, laptop, smart phone, or mobile device! Send your documents the same day you will be coming to the library to pick them up.
- Laptops and MIFI Hotspots
- No computer or Internet at home? We have Chromebooks and MIFI Hotspots to borrow! 3 week loan period. No holds or renewals.
At the Library
- Internet Computer Workstations
- San Mateo County residents are encouraged to have or obtain a library card to use the Internet computer workstations. Cardholders are limited to two hours of computer workstation use per day.
- Guests may receive a guest pass for one hour of computer workstation use, up to two guest passes per day. A guest is defined as a person who does not have a library card from any library within the Peninsula Library System. Children in 8th grade and under must be accompanied by an adult to receive a guest pass.
- The San Bruno Public Library offers laptops for checkout within the Library or to take home for Peninsula Library System cardholders who have maxed out on the daily time limit.
- Cardholders must use their own card. Use of multiple cards is not permitted. Cardholders who do not have their library card with them may request that staff look up their card number up to three times, provided the cardholder has picture ID.
- Computer workstations in the Main Room are to be used by adults or students in 9th grade and above.
- Computer workstations in the Children's Room are to be used by children in 8th grade and under.
- You may save files to personal storage devices but not to the PC hard drive. USB drives are available for purchase at the Reference Desk.
- Computer Specifications. The San Bruno Public Library's computer workstations run on Windows 10. We also offer Microsoft Office 2019.
- Internet Filtering. The Internet and its available resources may contain material of a controversial nature. The San Bruno Public Library staff does not monitor and cannot control the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The City of San Bruno has installed Netsweeper, a software program which blocks sexually explicit material.
- Printing. Black and White prints are 15 cents per page. Color is 30 cents per page.
- Staff assisted faxing is available at the Reference Desk. $2 for the first page, $1 per page thereafter regardless of area code. Cover sheet is free (unless it is the only page being sent, then it is $2).
- Black and White prints are 15 cents per page. Color is 30 cents per page.
- Scan to Email
- Scan to email is available on the public copier.
- Technology Assistance
(Currently not available)
- Would you like assistance with eBooks, computers or mobile devices? Sign up for a one-on-one session at the Library! We can provide assistance with general eBook, computer and mobile device topics; repair is not included. Computers are available at the Library or bring your own device. Reservations required. Contact the Library to set up at an appointment.
- 3D Printing
(Currently not available)