Inspection Fees & Forms
The San Bruno Fire Prevention Bureau conducts annual inspections on various building occupancies to help ensure the public's safety. The following information can help provide information about the requirements that need to be met:
Fire Code Fees
Information related to fees for Plan Checks, Pre-Inspections, Inspections, Re-inspections, and Fire Code Permits:
Smoke Alarm Program
Smoke alarms save lives. San Bruno offers a no-cost smoke alarm installation program to residents of the city:
Knox Boxes allow fire department personnel to access your building during emergencies using keys that the owner provides when no one is onsite to provide access. Knox boxes are also useful for elderly persons that may wish for fire department emergency responders to have access in case of medical emergencies. The following is information regarding Knox Boxes:
This publication answers questions that are commonly asked regarding your business application and ongoing operational needs:
- Fire Watch Form (PDF)
- Fire Watch Log (PDF).
- Emergency Responder Radio Communication System (ERRCS) Plan Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector and Fire Extinguisher Self-Certification (R-1 and R2) (PDF)
- Fire Safety Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler Plan Requirement 13D (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Fire Hood Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Underground Tank Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Above-ground Tank Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Car Stackers and Car Puzzler Systems Requirements (PDF)
- Liquified Carbon Dioxide Gas Permitting Document (PDF)
- Hot Works Permit (PDF).
- Temporary Tent Permit (PDF).