How can I submit a written protest on this proposed water rate increase?

Property owners and property tenants who are directly responsible for payment of water rates (each, a “customer”) may submit written protests against the proposed rates. Consistent with California law, written protests must  a) identify the affected property or properties, such as by address or Assessor’s Parcel Number; b) include the name and original signature of the property owner or customer of record submitting the protest; and c) indicate opposition to the proposed water rate increases.  If a parcel has more than one customer , only one written protest will be counted per parcel.  Protests submitted by e-mail, facsimile, or other electronic means are not counted as written protests. Written protests may be mailed or delivered to: Attn City Clerk, City of San Bruno, 567 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066. Written protests may also be delivered to the City Clerk at the City Council meeting prior to the conclusion of the public input portion of the public hearing.  The City Council cannot adopt the proposed rates if a majority protest exists.  A majority protest will exist if, at the end of the public hearing, there are written protests submitted that represent a majority of the parcels subject to the proposed rates.

Show All Answers

1. Why increase water rates?
2. When do the rates go into effect?
3. How are these rates calculated?
4. How can I apply for the reduced rate program?
5. How do we compare to other cities?
6. How can I voice my interest in this increase and/or process?
7. How can I submit a written protest on this proposed water rate increase?
8. How does the SFPUC rate increase affect San Bruno's water rates?
9. What water infrastructure projects are included in the 2023-24 budget?