Where does the homeowner's responsibility for water service begin?

If you notice a water main break, please call 650-616-7160 immediately. Do not use the 'Contact Us' or Customer Request Portal.

The City maintains everything up to and including the water meter, therefore, we must have free access. It is illegal to obstruct City access with landscaping, fences, planters, parked vehicles, and the like. It is illegal to enter the City's water meter box for any reason. The property owner must provide a separate shut-off valve between the City meter and the building being serviced. The property owner is responsible for all maintenance within the property.

Show All Answers

1. When will a lower speed limit be posted on my street?
2. What flood zone is my property in?
3. Does somebody have to be Injured before a traffic signal will be installed?
4. Who is responsible to fix the sidewalk?
5. When does the street sweeper sweep my street?
6. When do I need an encroachment permit?
7. Where does the homeowner's responsibility for water service begin?
8. When are we going to get some bikeways in our neighborhood?
9. Why doesn't the City put up "children at play" signs?
10. Why don't you put in more stop signs?
11. Can I get a transportation permit online?
12. Where can I get sandbags?
13. How do I report a street light outage?
14. How do I report potholes, uneven sidewalks, or damaged road signs?
15. What do I do if my sewer line is backed up?
16. How do I report traffic/parking problems or make traffic-related suggestions?
17. How do I get a debris box or storage bin?
18. How do I get traffic calming measures (like speed humps) installed on my street?